The 8th Annual Long Island and Queens Realtor® Open House Weekend begins this weekend - Saturday and Sunday, April 22 and 23, 2017. With over 3,000 open houses scheduled, this weekend is going to be one of the biggest weekends in real estate history!
The weekend is organized by the Long Island Board of Realtors® (LIBOR) in an effort to unite Realtors® as they host thousands of open houses, while engaging consumers on the benefits of homeownership and bringing buyers and sellers together.
This year with safety measures at the forefront, and as part of LIBOR’s ongoing efforts to empower and educate our members on the importance of Realtor® Safety, LIBOR will be distributing one complimentary Realtor® Open House Safety Signs included in every Open House Weekend kit, to every office that registers for the Realtor® Open House Weekend (limit one per office, while supplies last). These reusable laminated plastic signs (includes two reusable suction cups for easy glass door mounting) will let open house attendees know that photo ID may be required even before they enter the house. The Realtor® Open House Weekend kits are available at all four Realtor® Service Centers in West Babylon, Jackson Heights, Riverhead and Woodbury.
To ensure you're 100% ready for this weekend, here are a few reminders:
- Register your office at www.lirealtor.com/ohw/sign-up - to be included in LIBOR’s participating office list. LIBOR is heavily promoting the campaign, as well as the participating office list, through print (Newsday, Queens Courier and more), radio (LI Radio group), television (News 12 and Fios1) and social media. It will be a marketing extravaganza; which in turn, drives traffic to your listings.
- Rally widespread interest among your agents, to increase the scope and power of the open house event. Support agents’ efforts with promotional materials, such as hand-out maps of participating open houses or order REALTOR® balloons directly from the www.realtorteamstore.com.
- #LIOHW2017 - We’ll be using social media to create buzz before and during the event on all of LIBOR social media channels - facebook.com/LIRealtor, twitter.com/LIRealtors, instagram.com/lirealtors – please repost, share and help us spread the word!
- Be safe - Review open house safety with your agents; you will find important REALTOR® Safety links on the LIOHW Resources section - www.lirealtor.com/ohw. Once at your open house, be sure to hang your REALTOR® Open House Safety Sign on the front door to let open house attendees know that photo ID may be required even before they enter the house.
- Have fun! Remember, Open houses open doors to buying opportunities!
In its eighth year, the Realtor® Open House Weekend has been proven successful since its inception. With print, radio and social media advertising, it is a marketing extravaganza; which in turn, drives traffic to your listings. All the way around, your office participation in this high-profile marketing event makes sense. Find everything you need to know about the Open House Weekend, including how to register your office, here:
Wishing you all a successful weekend, let's sell some houses!